Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

All-Bran

Being in a film program, naturally many of us have worked with video before, and involved ourselves in other artistic endeavours. I've been seeing and hearing some stuff that other people have done and I've truly been floored. People here are amazing. The kind of work that they have put out is phenominal.

-In design class, one of my friends has put together some of the most amazing peices. Her art has been shown around, so I understand, and with good cause. Even though the prof seems to disagree with her on everything, her work speaks for itself. I guess 'he KNOWS that she gets it.'

-Two guys from my film prod class put together films on Archetechture for their first assignment, and the stuff they got back was phenominal. From these beautiful sweeping building shots, to these minute details that make their rushes look great.

-Another guy did a project for Skills Ontario (I'd never heard of it), and in 3 hours put together a commercial for eggs that was equal to or greater than ones on TV.

-One girl in my class has wokred tirelessly to come up with great footage (yeah, she shot a few times...) But all those efforts paid off. Her film shows such a refinement now.

In the wake of this, I think "Yeah, I had goo rushes for my last shoot, but that was a total accident."

[p.s.: the title has nothing to do with this post. It's just a name I saw when I looked around my room. Reminded me I need to buy some more All Bran through...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home