Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Monday, October 24, 2005

Movies for the weekend...

These are the movies that entertained me this weekend:

Inventing the Abotts
A sad movie, very easily considered a chick flick. But chick flicks can be good too. Liv Tyler is in it. I think I have a huge crush on her. She's like my ideal actress. Outstanding beautiful, very soft-spoken, sweet and innocent, and also funny. The mother in this movie was by far the strongest character.
As a side note, I screened this movie in Scarborough on the border of Markham. It took forever to get there. Stupid 69 North. Waited about half an hour in the rain for it.

Zoolander
So after hearing great things about this film, I finally watched it. I like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson movies, so this one was probably gonna be a good one. I was sad to see that Will Ferrel was in it (I'm sure I'm not the only guy on the planet who thinks he's not that funny), BUT I actually thought he was original in this movie, and not just trying to be dumb and 'over-the-top.' Which is odd, becuase this was probably his most 'over-the-top' character ever. But he was unique, and he fit the part. So it was good. The DVD menu is also very good. "Are you ready to press some buttons? And I don't mean in a psychomalogical way! This one is 'Play.' Now I know what your thinking, 'it's a movie, not a play.' [...] Special Features? I think it's my eyebrows!"

Amelie
Alright, so this one is most definitely a chick flick. But WOW. It is one of the most amazing scripts ever. I adored the main character, and all the supporting characters. It was interesting, witty, well-written, funny, well photogrpahed, and all around wonderful. Guys, watch this movie. Ladies love it, and it's alright if you do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home