Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pitman

read this: http://www.gravenrecords.blogspot.com/

the one entitled "Where the Fantasy Ends"

Yes I found this on Dave's blog, but brilliant work none the less.


Ironically, a Barenaked Ladies song just came on. A great one too. I remember in grade two, our teacher asked us to name some musicians we liked, and one guy said the Barenaked Ladies, and was repremanded. So I assumed they were some fringe 'punk' or 'grunge' band. Who knew how amazing they were. Listen to Call and Answer. That song is brilliant.

Tomorrow I start filming for my biggest project to date: "Motion Camera Assignment #2." With my vision in place, and my goal clear, I am about to produce what will easily be one of the most thought provoking and nauseating films man has ever seen. I see an academy coming my way, but I will try and act humble when accepting it.

Films I've watched at Ryerson in the past week:

The Mechanical Ballet
An abstract peice which uses a lot of motion, some mirrors, and interesting editing techniques.

A Study in Choreography for Camera
By Maya Deren, an experimental filmmakker in the 1940's, 50's. Some really brilliant transitions in it. Very fluid. As Ms. J would say 'It has nice fluidity.' This was a spur of the moment film, inspired by a guys pitch.

Artificial Changelings
A New Media installation actually, with 4 stages: Close up, direct address, dream/trance, and Time Tunnel. Totally didn't get it, so I won't even try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home