Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's Tired in Here

First off, the after school program for Urban Promise was a ball tonight. I love those kids SO much. I'm beginning to see some of families more, and getting to know them a little bit, so i'm excited about that. But mostly, I'm excited that the kids shout my name when they see me come to the school now! That makes life as a whole worth it I think.

In other news, I got my footage back for Assignment #2. I had a nice seredipitus effect. I thought my lenses were misalligned (which they were for one shot when I noticed it, and being that I hadn't opened the camera at all, assumed they were misalligned for the extent of my shoot) so I rewound all my film to shoot again (figuring nothing got exposed).

But, as it turns out, my first shoot DID get exposed. So it should look like a mess right?

Not true, as it would seem. For my second shoot, I changed my idea to just 'milk' and did all my shots of mil against a black background. So now I have these images of pouring milk, and dripping milk superimposed perfectly over moving images of swings and slides and merry-go-rounds.

It is actually quite nauseating. Which is great!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 p.m. , Blogger Fungineer said...

    Nice work Barron. I finally found your blog. I did a technorati search to see who was linking to my blog...
    Anyway, good stuff. Good thoughts and such. I like the variety and the insight into the life of a film student. I had a friend at queen's who was studying film, and we played speed scrabble while listening to Frank Zappa on repeat. That's my only other insight into the life of a film student.

     
  • At 4:04 p.m. , Blogger Fungineer said...

    one other thing. you might want to fix your profile...
    the gender part, where it says 'female'.
    or maybe not. your call.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home