Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Every great saga must end...




So I know that you all have been following the Every Station Project religiously, wondering if I'll be able to make it, whether I'll be able to beat the odds and persevere, and 'why the heck is he doing this?'

Well tonight the story comes to a close. I collected the last 8 stations.

York Mills
Lawrence
Davisville
St. Clair
Summerhill
Rosedale
King
Union

What started out as a crazy dream has become a reality. I have visted all 69 stations in the system, and waited for a train at each one.

Notes on my travels:

-I began with the Sheppard Subway, to get a quick victory under my belt. I completed the whole line in 30 minutes.

-30 out of the 69 stations I have visted legitimately (not simply to get a tranfer, I acutally had reason to use the station)

-the BEST trip I went on was late one evening from Kenedy to St. George, after having done the Scarborough RT (and I needed a good trip to rid my mind of the ugly SRT, so it was well timed). I got on an H-4 (with the SWEET comfy benches) and had a front row view the whole way. I was one of about 4 people in the car. It was comfy, quiet, and relaxing.

-I did the whole system in 28 days.

-I took pictures at Dundas, Queen and King

-5 most visted stations (somewhat ordered from most to least)
College
Queen's Park
Dundas
Bloor/Younge
St George

-Nicest person: The lady who helped me find my direction when I acted like I was lost to make my taking of a transfer at
Lawrence West seem legitimate

-Weirdest person: The deaf man who randomly tried to get a girl's phone number in front of me. It was awkward...

-Scariest person: The VERY drunk man who sat across from me and sang Blueberry Hill, threatened to kill another passenger if he sat next to him, and asked me, "Whatch you lookin' at Red?"

-Pet peeves i developed:
people who stand in front of the Metropass turnstile
people who stand on the left side of the escalator
people who rush the doors and thus hold up the train



All in all, I recomend this experience. It's a fantastic way to pay for your metropass, and a great way to see the city and get to know the different areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home