Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Do I like Will Ferrell?

That's the question that has been haunting me recently. Sometimes he does great things, other times I want to poke an eye out. That being said, here's some films I've watched recently.

Elf
This made me re-evaluate Will Ferrell. It's such a stock film, unbelievably predictable, but still cute and funny. Will actually brings a lot to this film. He takes a mundane script and does some neat stuff with it.
I watched this one with the TCF crew, and I've always been of the impression that watching movies in a larger group can make them seem better. If I watched this film by myself, first, that would be very sad, and second, I don't know if I'd find it as appealing.

Ocean's Eleven
I actually did watch this movie by myself... I bought it a while ago, when I needed a thrid DVD to get the deal. How on earth can they afford such a cast? I can't believe the names. I was actually really surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. There was a lot of B reel footage in it for some reason. I noticed a lot of useless cuts to useless shots. That aside, the end hiest was well concieved. And that's really all that matter in a movie like this. All you need is a good idea on how to rob a vault, and then build your movie around it. Italian Job did it, the Score did it, it's a standard plot.

True Stories
So we only saw a clip from this movie. But man, I want to see more. It's based on all these stories out of the tabloids. I really can't say much more than that, since I didn't see it all. John Goodman was pretty good from what I saw, and there was a fashion show that blew me away with style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home