Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Monday, November 28, 2005

Water water everywhere.


Scott Adams is a genius. Read his blog here.

He does a post on Bottled water. It's brilliant.

A thought response to a lady who was sampling a cheaper brand of bottled water than Mr. Adam's was buying, and questioned him on his market purchase:
"If I'm dumb enough to buy water, then I'm dumb enough to pay too much for it."

As one who currenlty has a case and a half of bottled water in his closet, and has already been through 2 cases in the past 3 months, I can fully comprehend his thought pattern.


On a differnt subject, I've noted how students in a BFA program are completely incapable of doing complex math equations (I, worst of all).

These are a few examples of math problems that have left us stumpped for periods of longer than 3 minutes:

-If each roll of film costs $60 to purchase and develop, how much does three rolls of film cost?
-If I have 200 sheets of paper I need to split up between 6 people, how many sheets does each person get?
-If I pay $70 for a product and split it 5 ways, how much does each person pay?

Sadly, not all of us are as smart and witty as engineers.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 p.m. , Blogger Fungineer said...

    a) $180
    b) each person gets 33 sheets. There will be two sheets left over with which you can draw a story board on, or fold into an airplane, or a card.
    c) $14 each. if I were you though, I'd get each person to give $15, since they're obviously incapable of realizing they're being ripped off, and pocket the extra $4, or give it as a larger tip to the server (I'm assuming this was at a dining experience which you were a part of.

     
  • At 6:22 p.m. , Blogger Barron C said...

    Trick question dave. You forgot that this is BFA math, not actual math. The correct answers are:

    a) Way too much.

    b) They each get to take them as they need them.

    c) just have them empty their wallet for me, and I'm sure it'll work out. Eventually I'll owe them money, and it'll all balance out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home