Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Outreach?

So I think Artie is in need of some new strings. I can't remember the last time I replaced them. It seems kinda useless though, becuase I never play him except when I'm alone, so I'm the only one that ever hears him. All the same though, I think he deserves new strings.

He went through a little 'phase' of always going out of tune a month or two ago, but he seems to have grown out of it, and now keeps it together pretty well (except for his B stirng, but he's always been like that, and I've no idea why).

In other news, I got nominated to be Outreach Co-ordinator for IVCF. I agreed to let my name stand so now I have to start thinking about some outreach things.

Inspired by Dave B (since it seems this entire blog is living in his shadow), I was wondering about something akin to his "Theology Pub" but a little less exclusive to Christians. Basically, replace deep theological discussion with discussion loosely centered around something in the Bible. I think there's a lot of stuff in it that people love/hate/agree with/disagree with/etc., and it should be discussed! Example: Why the heck is God so 'murder-y' in the Old Testement? I don't know really. I'd like to though. The idea is that people can come, drink, talk about their own situations, struggles and journeys, and hopefully go away with a little more understanding, and a little more nachos in their belly.

So honestly, let me know what you think about this. Is this at ALL a good idea? I don't know, and I'm open to suggestion. If you're not a 'Christian' (and maybe we can talk about why I dislike that word at on of these things), leave a comment! And be harsh. If you think this is a petty, useless, offensive, narrow-minded converting tool, please let me know. Most of all, would you be interested in going to one of these things? KEY question. Worst thing would be to go ahead with it and end up with a bunch of Christians sitting at bar drinking root-beer patting ourselves on the back for our efforts. There's already enough of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home