Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Colour like no other

By now I feel like everyone may have seen this, but I still think it's unreal:

http://www.bravia-advert.com/commercial/braviaextcommhigh.html

(You'll need quicktime 7)

On that site is also the making of the commercial. Don't watch it. It will ruin it for you. There's something just too magical about this commercial, and while I thought I was desperate to know how they filmed it, when I did find out, it really sucked the life out of it.

This reminds me of Christo, and his public art. Ephemeral, and very beautiful.

Also, as much I am aware of what the Sony corperation is trying to do to me (get me to buy their Bravia), I have to say, I really would have no quams about doing so. The fact that Sony had the guts to give this ad the go ahead is really stunning and 'Apple-esque,' However, in light of Apple's less than stellar new ads, I'd say sony now has the upper hand, and will become the bar by which to judge good marketing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home