Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Saturday, April 01, 2006

A little bit of math?




FAR be it from me to bring up math. I expect this is the last time you shall ever hear me mention it. But I ran across this the other day. It's supposedly the most beautiful equation in math.

It uses the five most important numbers in math: 1, 0, pi, e, and i.
It connects the four major branches: arithmatic (1, 0), geometry (pi), algebra (i), and analysis (e)
It works with unbelieveable precision.

It shows that there is an inherent beauty present in math.

One professor once said "God doesn't exist, but if he did, this equation would prove it."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 a.m. , Blogger Fungineer said...

    I had a teacher in highschool, Mr. Palmer, who some called Mr. Dressup, due to his resemblance to a certain TV character.
    In OAC Algebra and Geometry, he used this equation as a proof for God. I already knew God existed, but it was nice to know it mathematically.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home