Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Friday, March 31, 2006

The New Folk

Props to Dave B. for introducing me to Sufjan, and props to Henning for making me fall in love with his music.


A quotation from Sufjan that's really inspiring:

"I do have to reckon with the material I'm singing about.And I want to be responsible for what I'm singing about. But I can't be responsible for an entire culture, or an entire church. I can't be responsible for Christendom. I think that when people react reflexively to material that is religious, they're reacting to the culture of religion. And I think an enlightened person is capable, on some level, of making the distinction between the institution of the culture and the culture itself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home