Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lost in the cloud

So this is more about Kaite's experience than mine, but it's confirming to know that God is still around and doing things. In fact, rather amazing things.

She and a friend had some honesty. They shared some real things, and talked to God in conversation, not in a hyper-spiritual false reality. Being honest with themselves and with God, they were both able to experience healing of a very real and practical sort.

Speaking words can sometimes be difficult, especially ones about ourselves. And when we have to speak truths about our shortcomings and sordid pasts, it can be nearly impossible to the point where most people may never do it. If we 'SAY' the words, then it solidifies the reality of situations that we don't want as part of our history. I've been through this, and still hold things within me that I just don't want to say for fear of it being true and part of my history (which it already is).

Now certianly this isn't a forum for such things, and I don't want to make this about me in any way.

It IS about God, and the fact that He is willing to meet us and HEAL us where we are, and cut through messiness and embrace us becuase he's already taken care of our messy lives. We just need to accept that now. Which on many issues, I just don't.

I was also reading in Isaiah last night about people who change bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter, and was reminded at how often I end up doing crap and thinking it's good. I need to take account of my actions and see which ones are actually making me wholly satisfied, and not just 'joy for the moment' or be sure that it isn't a mask of happiness I'm wearing to hold on to certain things. Tough business. One day I might figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home