Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

I still slip with my Christianese from time to time. Especially around Easter (the best of holidays should you care to know).

He is risen!

I guess that's one of those super cheesy lines that everyone says on Easter Sunday. I'm told it's cheese anyway. I don't get it. I guess a lot of people just say it. But it's really a phrase that touchs me deep! He is risen!

I think a lot of the time I spend so much effort analysing and critiquing religious institutions, theorizing on the relevance of Christianity and Jesus, that I forgot how much I love the guy. i wish I could just put aside my pride and be more honest about it with people. Why shouldn't I be? I tell people all the time how great my friends are, and speak marvelous things about my family.

So Jesus is great. I'm not all the way there yet, but in terms of finding the freedom he promises, it's becoming more and more evident each day. That's kind of exciting.

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home