Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

6 hours in the TTC

Today was the final film shoot of the year for me (save possible re-shoots)!

That meant going down into the subway at 9:30, and not re-emerging till 4. I enjoyed this shoot becuase we actually put a lot of effort into it. It's not easy to get permission to shoot on the subway platforms, let alone on the cars. So we had to organzie ourselves well (and Ai Rei get's all the props for that). So our film made it through the cameras, no breakage, no bad looping, no lens problems. Those were my biggest concerns.

Today I learned about bezier curves on wikipedia. We're doing Illustrator in class. The wiki article was rather daunting, as it contained a lot of numbers. I didn't realize it was quite so mathematical. Engineers probably have to know this stuff, and that's exactly why I'm not an engineer. I just need to know if the curve is nice to look at. And we both end up with university degrees! How neat is that?

Today's word is:

casus belli
-An action or event that causes or is used to justify starting a war.

"9/11 was America creating it's own casus belli"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home