Man With a Movie Camera

One man's journey through a BFA in Film program

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Joy of Being!

Three things last forever, faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.

First off, congrats to my cousin Janet and Wayne on their marriage! Something was so beautiful in that simple ceremony. The church had some white flowers, and that was about the only clue it was a wedding. The groom wore a nice suit, no tux, best man, likewise. The matron of honour came down in a nice dress that she owned, and the bride an pinkish-red dress, to canon in D played on a piano.

I was reading Ai Rie's live-journal today, and she made a comment about a person very special to her as a friend (I assume it's Jon, and I'm sure he figured it out too, but I gladly put the name to the one who's brought so much goodness to Ai Rei, and vice versa!). That kind of thing is equally beautiful. The person who fits that despcription for me knows who she is, and I pass along the same advice as Ai Rei. Hold on to that at all costs. Many people in this world will leave it without ever having experienced firendship, satisfied with only aquaintencship and drinking buddies.

Kaite (and if you hadn't figured it out, it's her), passed along to me this thought one day: "There are things that God will reveal to us ONLY when we are in community." Which is to say, the solitary life is not the life lived at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home